The Credit Analyst underwrites commercial and commercial real estate loan requests by reviewing and analyzing financial and industry data, borrower performance and management capabilities to assess credit worthiness, and estimate degree of risk involved in extending credit to commercial customers.
This position is also responsible for preparing reports on commercial credit applicants detailing debt service coverage, collateral coverage, payment history, loan relationship, liquidity, leverage, and guarantor strength.
- Prepare spreads of financial statements (including corporate tax returns, personal financial statements, credit bureau reports, real estate tax returns, etc.).
- Risk rate commercial loans and loan requests.
- Analyze financial statements.
- Insure loan requests comply with loan policy.
- Consult with loan officers on proper loan structure and covenants.
- Prior experience of at least one year as a bank commercial credit analyst.
- College Business degree required, accounting or finance concentration preferred.
- Must be experienced in using Word and Excel.
- Possess strong analytical skills in order to apply financial and statistical principles to financial documents.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced time sensitive environment with multiple priorities and projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Must exhibit attention to detail and sense of urgency to complete assigned tasks.
- Must maintain confidentiality in all business matters.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com