Increases mortgage loan portfolio through outside sales, developing business contacts and client relationships, and conducting initial pre-qualification interviews and loan applications.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Generates loans through outside sales activity, for purchase and refinance transactions, to increase loan growth.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with mortgage brokers, realtors and builders to generate consistent loan referrals to assist in loan growth.
- Partners with real estate agents to qualify borrowers and discuss mortgage loan products based on credit criteria, pricing, income, assets, and home appraisal.
- Interviews, takes applications, and processes preliminary documentation on loan requests, conveying policies for extension of credit in accordance with company and secondary investor guidelines. Performs follow-up work as necessary to achieve conditional approval within established time frames, notifying borrowers of the stages of the loan application and advising them of approval or denial, explaining loan denials precisely and clearly to the borrowers while offering alternatives.
- Completes lending operations in accordance with established company policies and legal requirements. Stays abreast of regulation changes and monitoring current market and competition. Ensures that all files are complete, accurate, timely and compliant with Company’s applicable policies and procedures and legal requirements. Ensures proper mortgage loan scheduling and documentation requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Minimum of 2 years of Mortgage Loan Originator experience.
- A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
- Must posses current NMLS license.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating (changing behavior), influencing, or training others. External contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and sell ideas or services to others.
- Experience and knowledge in the mortgage industry.
- Understanding of conventional and government mortgage loan products.
- Understanding of the foundation of determining credit worthiness.
- Ability to manage large pipeline of real estate loans, all in various stages of the loan process.
- Demonstrated sales ability and proven sales techniques.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- General familiarity in requirements with title reports, insurance, and appraisals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and general PC applications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org