The Financial Analyst – External Reporting is part of the Technical Accounting group in the Controller’s Organization of DTE Energy. The External Reporting group’s responsibilities include the preparation and filing of the DTE Energy Form 10-Ks, Form 10-Qs, and Form 11-Ks with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). External Reporting also prepares and submits the annual and quarterly regulatory filings to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the Michigan Public Service Commission.
- Coordinates the preparation of external financial reports in compliance with SEC and other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Prepares drafts of financial statements, footnotes, and management’s discussion and analysis.
- Assists in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements or in accounting research related to financial statement presentation and disclosures.
- Serves as effective liaison with external auditors on reporting matters.
- Creates and fosters a positive working environment within and across functional areas.
- Facilitates and supports identification of process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- At least three years of work experience in financial accounting and/or financial audit/reporting.
- Possess comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and SEC reporting requirements (preferable) to ensure the Company’s compliance in external reports.
- Experience in and the ability to concisely analyze, summarize, and present information.
- Must have the ability to work overtime during peak reporting periods
- Current CPA certification preferred as well as at least 2 years of experience in public accounting.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org