Originate residential mortgage loans including first mortgage purchase and refinance loans, second mortgage and home equity credit lines and related products and services as may be offered by the Bank. Through a formal calling program develop business and market share within assigned territories. Work together with processing, underwriting and servicing staffs to ensure efficient processing and customer service and with the Marketing Department in support of the business line.
- Originate residential mortgage loans and related products, especially within an assigned territory, using the Bank’s product list, computerized origination system, calling program, professional contacts and marketing support.
- Complete application processes with applicants in keeping with Bank policies, procedures and product guidelines and with applicable laws, regulations and accepted business practices.
- Provide sound and ethical loan counseling to all potential applicants.
- Forward substantially complete application packages to Processing and Underwriting promptly.
- Act as liaison between Bank and customer during processing and underwriting, as procedures dictate, to ensure timely processing and good customer service.
- Develop and implement marketing programs such as direct mailings, seminars and event participation as required by written goals.
- Implement a calling program in consultation with the Vice President, Residential Lending, meeting or exceeding agreed upon goals. Calling programs include ongoing contacts with realtors, attorneys, CPAs and others involved in real estate sales and development or other professional services.
- Stay abreast of sales and business development techniques, product offerings, legal and regulatory requirements and industry and real estate trends.
- Maintain a current knowledge and proficiency in the use of the computerized systems utilized for origination.
- Attend monthly sales meetings, training sessions and Bank functions.
- Foster and maintain active relationships with civic organizations within assigned territories for community service and business development purposes. Utilize the EBSB mortgage retention program.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned, including loan origination, CRA analysis and special projects.
Post-secondary education or its equivalent in experience and related training in banking, lending, secondary market and finance, as well as regular completion of lending related seminars. One to three years of proven experience in origination. Knowledge of residential lending concepts, consumer credit applications and proficiency in regulatory compliance required. Proficiency in common office software required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org