Responsible for business development and the growth of a credit portfolio, as well as maintenance of a variety of commercial loan accounts that meet established lending requirements and provide maximum profitability to the bank at minimum risk. Support all activities in commercial lending to accomplish commercial banking goals and objectives. The job may be titled Assistant Vice President at the discretion of the Senior Vice President, Lending and the CEO.
- Develop new business by calling on prospects and customers for commercial loans with an emphasis on cross-selling Bank products and services. Maintain productive relationships with current customers and their referrals.
- Interview loan applicants and collect financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
- Collect and analyze information that reflects the current creditworthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans.
- Obtain information through direct inspection of the applicant’s business and/or review of interim financial reports, personal interview, and evaluated in accordance with procedures stated in the commercial loan policy.
- Establish and negotiate, where necessary, terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Approve or decline loans with the scope of authority granted by the Executive Committee, Senior Loan Officer and Bank policy.
- Recommend loans for approval or decline to the Senior Vice President, Commercial Lending.
- Inspect real estate for construction advances, ensuring work is satisfactorily completed and that applicable title rundowns, lien waivers, contracts, bills and signatures are obtained.
- Serve as primary contact officer on commercial loans personally originated or assigned, maintaining contact with borrowers and acting as agent of bank in all matters.
- Advise customers, where possible and appropriate and within scope of expertise, concerning business management and financial matters.
- Monitor credit files and borrower activity to ensure that complex credit files are reviewed annually for compliance with current financial information, risk assessment and all policy and regulatory requirements.
- Develop material for loan presentations, and make presentations to the Executive Committee as required in accordance with loan authority and commercial loan policy.
- Participate in community affairs to contribute expertise, better understand the needs of the business community and increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Keep abreast of all regulations, policies and procedures relative to commercial lending and ensure a compliant portfolio
- Keep abreast of real estate, economic and general business trends in order to take advantage of emerging opportunities in commercial lending.
- Undertake special projects relating to departmental services as assigned by the Vice President, Commercial Lending or the Executive Vice President, Senior Loan Officer.
- Review and revise commercial loan policies and procedures as requested or assigned
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Three to five years’ experience in commercial lending, real estate lending, financial statement analysis and credit administration. Proficiency with common office software Post-secondary education in business administration of finance, or its equivalent in recognized industry training and experience and/or multilingual skills is ideal.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org