The Director of Compliance, Fair Lending & CRA develops, implements, and administers all aspects of the Bank’s Programs. They lead the sub teams of Compliance, Fair Lending, and CRA staff members in all phases of the department functions. This position consults with the Bank’s day-to-day administrative, lending and operational personnel to ensure compliance activities are maintained.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in function
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in industry
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates – Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Communications – Utilize excellent written, oral and presentation skills along with the ability to discuss compliance matters with appropriate management personnel.
- Project Management – Ability to collaborate with others in seeking resolution of problems.
- Attention to Detail – Superior attention to accuracy and detail, with the ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge – In-depth knowledge of bank policies, procedures, banking laws, and regulations, along with a general knowledge of all bank functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises, coordinates, coaches, mentors, and counsels Business Line Compliance Specialist activities to ensure achievement of assigned goals and objectives. Responsible for staff retention, performance, and developmental coaching.
- Regulatory Oversight
- Investigate activities of each department of the bank to enforce laws and regulations.
- Review and analyze new, proposed, or revised laws, regulations, policies, and procedures to interpret their meaning and determine their impact.
- Establish guidelines for procedures and policies that comply with new and revised regulations and direct their implementation.
- Recommend actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepare reports and other supporting schedules that detail the Bank’s compliance with laws and regulations.
Other / Miscellaneous
- Work with the FRB Examiners on the Consumer Affairs Examination.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com