- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an agricultural background.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in commercial lending and portfolio management.
- Knowledge of credit underwriting, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of FSA/USDA programs.
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Formal credit training and sales skill training, preferred.
- Computer skills including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
PRIMARY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage an existing portfolio of agricultural credit relationships.
- Develop new banking relationships and lending relationship within the Bank’s established credit and pricing policies.
- Achieve assigned goals in agreement with the Bank’s mission statements.
- Approve, document and close loans up to established individual lending limit. Make loan presentations to market manager/senior management for loans above individual lending limit.
- Develop new business by actively calling on prospects and customers to sell bank services.
- Participate in the community to increase the Bank’s visibility and enhance business development opportunities.
- Interview loan applicants for agricultural loans. Collect and analyze financial information to determine the creditworthiness of the applicant and the merits of the request.
- Negotiate terms under which credit will be extended, within the parameters of the established credit and pricing policies and with assistance of senior management when appropriate or needed.
- Monitor existing loan portfolio, collecting necessary information to analyze the current creditworthiness of customers.
- Monitor loan repayment and take necessary action to collect from delinquent accounts.
- Understand and comply with Bank mission, organizational structure, employee handbook, bank security, policies and procedures, standards of conduct and incentive program.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org